Make your website accessible
Build in access at the start
This site includes tips, tools and resources that will help web developers make Iowa State websites accessible. This includes sites used for:
- University business (university, department or unit pages)
- Academic activities (instructor's pages related to class work or assignments)
- Campus activities (student organizations or event planning)
It is smarter and easier to build your website with accessibility in mind at the start, rather than going back to fix problem areas later.
The keys to building an accessible website can be found in
Who benefits from accessibility?
- People with visual or hearing problems
- Those who aren't handy with a mouse
- Students with learning disabilities
- Web surfers on slow networks
- Those using mobile devices